Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunday Sweets week six...(wow already?) Smore's Cupcakes

Sorry once again I am a little slow getting this posted...pregnancy sucks my brain out I swear!

So like I said before I went to girls camp last week or so and we decided to take dinner to our cooks who really rocked and quite frankly worked their tails off! I got the always fun task of making dessert! And I could just not decide what to make until I found what I had bought extra from my s'mores cookies! I decided to try s'mores cupcakes! They turned out really cute and actually were pretty good because how can you go wrong with a chocolate cupcake? Especially when you add toasted marshmallows and more chocolate?! 


Just make your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and add some smashed grahm crackers to the batter or if you are in a hurry like I was just do this:

1 chocolate cake mix 
1 package(not box) of graham crackers
marshmallows mini or large would work
hershey's chocolate mini's or bar's
chocolate frosting

prepare cake mix according to directions then take half the package of your graham crackers and break into batter. Mix into batter and spoon into cupcake liners until 2/3 full. 

Bake according to directions but pull out 5-7 min before they are done baking to smash your mallow's into the top of the cupcakes and return to oven just until toasted. Cool until you can add your frosting then dollop frosting on top and add a chocolate and graham cracker square to the top of each cupcake. 
Simple and cute! It was great for the camping theme. 








1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! And what a great idea for a camping theme party!

    ReplyDelete