Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Sweets week 7: Peanut butter brownie Trifle




Peanut butter brownie Trifle is something that I made with my hubby in mind...He is a Reese's guy. I mean seriously it is an obsession...for Christmas I probably buy about 20 packs of Reese's tree's because there is hardly anything he would want more...and again for each holiday that is all I get him and he loves it.

Well, I heard of more rich trifles, every other one I had done was more light and with fruit; which I love but I will say this was a winner! (and pretty easy)

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle

1 brownie mix prepared and cut into bite size pieces (or feel free to buy brownie bites)
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like creamy but chunky would work too)
1 bag of Reese's mini or reg cut into half or fourths
1 container of cool whip or I like real whipped cream

Have your brownies cooked and cut, as well as your Reese's cut first thing so when you make your pudding and your cream you can just start layering.

Make vanilla pudding according to package directions but add your peanut butter to of course give it the PB flavor just whisk  it in when it is all mixed. Be sure it is set up before you start layering

Layer brownies and Reese's on bottom of dish, and dollop pudding and cream over top, then more brownies and Reese's with more cream.

I finished it off with a layer of whipped cream and left over Reese's chunks for pretty on top.

I did this one in more of a dollop look instead of layered so just do it however you like!!! Make it your own kind of pretty, but people will love it no matter what because however you will do it, it will taste better. REALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment