Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Sweets week 8(really?!): Lemon Crinkle Cookies

Ok so I have been sorta addicted to pinterest lately and that is where I found these beauties! They are AWARD WINNING cookies from www.ldsliving.com They did a cookie contest and these were the first place winners and I will say they Deserved it!

I was excited to find another summery cookie recipe because my orange creamsicle cookies were such a hit and these one's were equally as loved! I took them to a work bbq, and my little brothers Eagle Court of Honor (where there were 7 boys receiving Eagles) so there were plenty of critics and everyone gave rave reviews...and they were yummy! I did change one small thing (I added more zest and juice) but it probably didn't make too much of a difference so give it a try and I'm sure you'll love them! (I also doubled the recipe and it barely made 3 dozen so for your family one batch is great to take anywhere and eat a few right off the pan I would for sure double!)

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

Ingredients:
½ cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
lemon zest from one lemon
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (can add a little more for stronger flavor)
¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoons baking soda
1-½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cups powdered sugar



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

*If using a non-stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...these look delicious. I truly love anything lemon flavored. If the Boy Scouts gave them a thumbs up, they must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. My pants are already getting tighter ;)

    I am definitely going to have to try this recipe! I am featuring you today on SJ!


    Halsey

    ReplyDelete