Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Sweets week 3: Orange Creamsicle Cookies.

I was trying to decide what to make and decided I just didn't have anything summery...then I found these babies! From sweetpeaskitchen.com and thought it sounded summery and frankly delicious! And they were! I almost never follow just one recipe or I make up random stuff as I go but these I followed pretty close and they were tasty!





Ingredients:
  1. 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  2. 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
  3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  4. 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  5. 1/2 cup sugar
  6. 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  7. 1 large egg
  8. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  9. 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, grated
  10. 12 ounces (2 cups) white chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  3. In another bowl cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
  4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Yields: about 3 dozen

Now one thing I did was add an orange glaze for just a little more summer time flavor and it was great but lets be honest I ate them both ways and they were all pretty good. Something to change it up from my chocolate obsession and it looks like I am beginning to like more and more citrus sweets. 

Orange Icing 
I just made my favorite frosting recipe and added like two table spoons of orange juice...you could just omit the milk for orange juice but in true Creamsicle spirit I wanted it to be creamier. I just drizzled on when they were still warm on the cooling rack.


  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • To make it runny like icing 2 tablespoons orange juice.
*this makes tons!!! Way more than you would need cut it down or just wing it!


*also...I had to thieve the pictures from their website...My camera decided to die so thank you sweet peas kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. wow this look very very yummy...

    Don’t forget to add it to our linking party for our readers to discover your blog at

    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete