Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday sweets week one...S'mores cookies



I've decided to count down the rest of my pregnancy with making a delicious treat each Sunday. (I have been put on a restricted diet because of gestational diabetes so Sunday is my free day. I have to make it count!)

I found this recipe from My Sweet Savannah. I am not a marshmallow girl...I don't love them unless they are toasted! So when I saw that these had for real toasty mallows on top I had to try it!



3/4 cup butter — softened

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
mini marshmallows
2 Hershey Bars, broken into pieces
I used a blender for perfect graham cracker crumbs
Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add combined flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets about 3 inches apart.
Bake in pre-heated oven 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8 minutes. 


Remove and quickly press marshmallows and chocolate into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done (about 3 or 4 more minutes) * I changed my cooking times because my oven didn't toast the marshmallows well unless I cooked for 7 min added chocolate and marshmallows and cooked 5 min more.
 

Before
after...melted and toasty

Makes about 3 dozen



It was actually super easy and we loved them!!! I loved them, my young women, and in-laws loved them...

1 comment:

  1. I think I died and went to heaven. Those cookies look DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I already feel my pants getting tighter. hahaha. I am featuring you on SJ this morning!

    toodles~
    halsey

    ReplyDelete